Happy Friday babes! Today is my 28th birthday, so I thought it would be fun to share 28 facts that you may not know about me. I hope this gives you a chance to get to know me a little better!
- I met my husband randomly at a bar at Ole Miss on a weekday. I was into a Braves game that was on TV and he approached me and struck up a conversation about baseball.
- 2. Growing up, sports pretty much consumed my whole life and I LOVED it. I played softball & cheered for 13 years. I remember being all gross after a softball game and having to change quickly into my cheerleading uniform for a game. That was basically my life until college!
3. I rushed at Ole Miss (The University of Mississippi) and was a Kappa Kappa Gamma.
4. I’m only close with a few of my girlfriends from high school and met most of my close friends at Ole Miss.
5. I don’t have my ears pierced. I have had them pierced 3 times but they always get infected and close up. Now, I always have to use earring converters.
6. My birthday is always on Groundhogs Day. When I was in kindergarten (back when you celebrated holidays like Groundhogs Day) … I remember boys in my class making fun of me and saying I was a Groundhog LOL!
7. Growing up my mom always made every birthday and holiday super special for me and my siblings. She goes all out!! I can’t wait to be a mom one day and do the same thing for my kids! I really grew up with the best parents a girl could ever ask for.
8. Mexican and Italian are my favorite foods! A seafood pasta dish with wine or tacos with chips, guac, queso and a marg are my all time favorite meals.
9. I’m guilty of watching too much reality TV! Some of my favorites are Southern Charm, Housewives (Beverly Hills is my fave), The Bachelor, Vanderpump Rules and Siesta Key.
10. I had a couple long-term relationships before I met Connor but I was actually his first girlfriend.
11. If I could hang out with one celebrity for a day it would either be Kristin Cavallari or Britney Spears .. I’ve always just loved both of them!
12. The first rap CD I bought was 50 Cent – In The Club (explicit version) when I was 13. My mom listened to it and took it away from me. I was so pissed at the time, LOL!
13. My first concert was N’Sync.
14. I started wearing clip-in hair extensions in college and wore them until last summer. I got tape-in extensions for my wedding and would never go back to clip-in’s now.
15. We got our first dog this Christmas named Hootie. He is a Goldendoodle and now 4 months old, today! I couldn’t imagine life without him!
16. If I wasn’t a blogger I’d love to work at a fashion magazine in NYC.
17. I hate scary movies.
18. I’m not a picky eater. The only things I don’t really eat are beef and steak and purely for dietary reasons.
19. I absolutely love red wine. Pinot Noir and Malbec are my go-to’s.
20. I’ve always had to watch what I eat. I learned this the hard way when I gained 40 lbs my freshman/sophomore year in college.
21. I lost all the weight over a years time by eating healthy and running daily.
22. My Junior year of college I became Vegetarian and was for about 4 years.
23. I broke my right thump at softball practice my senior year of high school. I didn’t go to the doctor until a week after it happened because I was in denial that it was broken.
24. I’d 100% rather shop online then go to a shopping mall. On that note, I probably go to the mall less than 10 times a year!
25. I use to always want to go out all the time – even after college, I’d beg Connor to go “Welfare – Wednesday’s” in Buckhead (25 cent beers, LOL!) … but now I’d much rather stay in unless it’s to go out with my closest friends, a date night, or for a special event.
26. I couldn’t wait until I was old enough to work retail growing up! The Limited Too was my first job at 15, followed by Abercrombie and Victoria Secret (which I came back from in college and worked at seasonally).
27. My love for fashion was clear at a young age. My parents have a picture of me in elementary school pairing my green softball uniform with pink boots. I think it was my first fashion statement, LOL!
28. My go-to order at Starbucks is a skinny ice-chai latte with caramel drizzle and egg white bites.
Whew, that was a lot! I hope you learned a little bit more about me. If you ever have a personal or fashion/blog questions, please never hesitate to ask. I’d love to hear & connect with more of my followers this year! Have a great weekend & thanks so much for reading!